DU to resume lobby payments 4-12
Effective Monday, April 12th, Decatur Utilities will open its lobby to over-the-counter payments. DU lobby and drive-thru hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Customer service will continue to be offered on an appointment-only basis or remotely. Customers can schedule individual, in-person customer service appointments by calling 256-552-1400 Opt. 4 or by visiting www.decaturutilities.com and clicking the “Schedule Appointment” button. Customers wishing to start, stop or transfer service remotely can also do so by phone at the same number OR by emailing email@example.com.
While declines in local COVID-19 cases has allowed these operational changes, DU encourages customers to continue taking advantage of no-contact, remote service and payment options when possible – especially those in high-risk categories and those not yet vaccinated.
Remote/No-Contact Payment Options:
• Online at www.decaturutilities.com
• SmartHub app (Google Play or App Store)
• Phone by calling 256-552-1400 Opt. 3
• Self-Service Kiosks at the Main Office
• Automatic Bank Draft
• Mail to PO Box 2232, Decatur, AL 35609-2232
• DU drive-thru lanes
Remote/No-Contact Customer Service Options:
• Via phone at 256-552-1400 Opt 4
• Via Email to firstname.lastname@example.org